Sunday, January 25, 2009

Time Zones

It was only a dream.  Actually, it was a plan I had going for over 2 months when winter semester began.  I would have all of my classes on two days of the week.  So here I am 3 weeks into this second semester of my freshman year and I've been to classes on all of five days (no school on MLK day= 6 day weekend or 1 day out of 11 with classes.)  I've got perfect attendance, too.  I can ski and sleep on off days.
In my mind's blueprints for this whole schedule revolution I put as an afterthought that, "oh yeah, I'll get a little more sleep, too."  I was completely wrong.  I get a LOT more sleep.  I get too much sleep.  I. get. too. much. sleep.  And when I don't, I make up for it by going Euro with my body clock, sleeping until, as my father might say, "All hours of the (afternoon)."  I should note that instead of "afternoon,"  he usually says "morning."  This is what I remember about the times I slept this week, but I could be wrong on some since I've been so un-sleep-deprived. 

Sunday- Woke up at 8:30 a.m.  Took nap from 9 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.  Went to bed at 3:00 a.m.
Monday- woke up at noon.  Took a 2 hour nap. Went to bed at 5:00 a.m..
Tuesday- woke up at 4:00 p.m.  Went to bed at 7:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Wednesday- got up at 10:30 a.m.  Went to bed at 3:00 a.m.
Thursday- got up at 2:00 p.m.  Went to bed at 7:00 a.m. on Friday.
Friday- got up at noon.  Went to bed at 5:00 a.m. on Saturday.
Saturday- got up at 3:30 p.m.  Still awake typing on blog at 3:30 a.m.

Lest I stir up my parents to anger, I would that they might look and see that upon calculation, it must needs be that I did obtain an average of 8 hours of sleep per day, which is the very same number of hours which are given daily unto the missionaries to sleep therein.  Amen.

No comments: