Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Mission's Eve, baby!

I know it's possible that the mail takes a little longer and I don't get my mission call today, but here I am at 2 am on Wednesday and I'd just like to say a couple things before it comes in case I get a very special envelope tomorrow.
When I look back at things I've wanted in my life, the list gets pretty crazy. Since about last year, I've wanted to be a dominant basketball player. Since 7th grade, I've wanted to be a professional skateboarder. And since kindergarten, I've known that I want to be married for eternity. I'm ok at basketball. I was truly humbled at the skatepark today (first time in six years). And the woman thing- that's on its way in about two years.
But looking back at everything I've dreamed of in my life, there's something I've wanted longer than all those I just mentioned. The first thing that I ever really wanted in my life was to be a missionary. When I was three-years-old, my Dad filmed me singing "Called to Serve" with all the zeal one can have when he loves to sing it, but only knows the "Onward, ever onward" part of the song. But I yelled that with all that I had.
I've grown a foot or two (different song, I know), and I'm as ready as a nineteen-year-old is to become a workhorse. Very soon, I'll know when and where the Lord wants me. I've never been more excited for something in my life.
Until the call comes I'll be struggling to sleep, listening to Tom Petty yell "the waiting is the hardest part!" And I'll be smiling- like a three-year-old whose first dream is about to come true.

P.S.
Dad's prediction: somewhere in the world.

2 comments:

Marie Hatch Chambers said...

I can't wait to hear where you'll go as you meat the dream of a 3 year old head on!

Marie Hatch Chambers said...

Actually, I expect you to meet your dream not 'meat' it.